Make your BIM career grow
Pell Frischmann has an immediate need for a BIM Manager to join their busy CAD Department and support the implementation of BIM practices and procedures as well as support the delivery of work. This exciting role will involve working for a range of building and Infrastructure clients on a diverse base of projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the BIM Leader you would be expected to undertake the following roles:
- Responsible for BIM Standards development, implementation and enforcement
- Create and maintain the BIM software Template files to assure Standards
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow processes
- Train and support others in BIM software and standards
- Attend BIM kick-off meetings
- Lead BIM review/coordination meetings
- Prepare detailed working drawings, as required by the Project Manager, in accordance with the Project Quality Plan.
- Deliver technically correct outputs using CAD/BIM.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant Industry Standards and Codes of Practices
- Comply with Pell Frischmann’s IMS Procedures.
- Be able to work to specific client drawing standards.
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- Manage own time in order to deliver to programme.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Liaise with project teams to ensure continuity of workload and robust coordination.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to take on responsibility.
- Other duties as required by the BIM Leader.
Ideally HNC or higher qualified in Civil/Building or relevant
Ideally with TechEng professional qualification or similar
Working towards I Eng.
HND / BSc / BEng / MEng in Civil/structural Engineering or relevant experience
Membership of a professional Institute
- Building/Civil sector experience
- 5 years + experience in design and drafting (2D & 3D)
- A proven track record in successfully developing and leading high performing teams of up to 10 technicians in the delivery of a range of project types including major complex projects
- High level of competency of BIM software through continued use and training
- Develop and implement the project BIM Execution Plan
- Ability to develop BIM Standards relevant to Building & Civil sectors
- Ability to quality control and audit others work
- Help resolve BIM related design issues
- Day-to-day Trouble shooting
- Acting as BIM coordinator in multi-discipline environments
- Produce MDM for clash resolution
- Ability to conduct internal training and mentoring of staff
- Oversee the day-to day activities of BIM modelling to ensure standards are maintained
- Creation and maintenance of BIM software templates
- Experience in setting up of BIM projects
- Good knowledge in 3D modeling tools applicable to chosen discipline
- Understanding of existing BIM software formats as well as possibilities and limitations (dwg, dgn, rvt, xml, ifc etc.)
- Handling information flows between different software in a project, i.e. communication between software
- Create and manage discipline specific contents, Families etc.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Willingness to cooperate and share knowledge and experiences
- Good knowledge in several of the following software Modeling tools:
- o AutoCad
- o Civil 3D
- o Revit
- o Navisworks
- o Microstation
- o Other
Number of vacancies
Technical Architect/Engineer Building.