Real stories from real BIM people
BIM Implementation and Clash Detection for Hospital Building
Company: Hitech BIM Services
Location: Ahmedabad, India
Year of the project: 2016
The client is one of the world’s top global construction contractors & undertakes large infrastructure, commercial and industrial projects.
The project lasted for about 45 days
- The PDF files received from the client as input were too blur, so it was the biggest challenge for us to understand that without proper client coordination.
- The models prepared were too heavy as the level of detail was high, so it became a little difficult to work with such heavy files.
- There were too many clashes between the models.
Solutions and Execution:
- The client approached us to implement BIM and eliminate clashes for the eye hospital building.
- Our project engineers helped the client to create architectural, structural & MEP BIM models with LOD 300 as per AIA standards.
- They studies the PDF files received from the client to convert it into intelligent BIM models using Revit.
- After that the team started to look into the coordination between the models, called Clash Detection & was successful in scrutinizing all the clashes.
- Finally, after multiple quality checks through matrix and checklist we delivered a federated 3D BIM LOD 300 model and shared it with the client.
- The provided BIM model helped the client to detect and resolve all the inter-disciplinary clashes at an early stage.
- Helped in saving costs by eliminating reworks.
- Increased safety in managing public-business infrastructure.
- Reduced overall time with the help of project scheduling estimates.
- Increased profitability by reducing waste and surplus material order with the help of a material take-off plans.
- Made the overall construction process seamless, coordinated and error-free.
Type of Work
How was the BIM Experience in the project?
Reality Simulation: Does it help to get an idea of the final product?
Waste reduction, labor costs and deviations
Greater control of the construction process
Improves collaboration between agents
Conflict resolution and clash detection
Correction and error handling