BIM Implementation and Clash Detection for Hospital Building
The client is one of the world’s top global construction contractors & undertakes large infrastructure, commercial and industrial projects.
The project lasted for about 45 days
- The PDF files received from the client as input were too blur, so it was the biggest challenge for us to understand that without proper client coordination.
- The models prepared were too heavy as the level of detail was high, so it became a little difficult to work with such heavy files.
- There were too many clashes between the models.
Solutions and Execution:
- The client approached us to implement BIM and eliminate clashes for the eye hospital building.
- Our project engineers helped the client to create architectural, structural & MEP BIM models with LOD 300 as per AIA standards.
- They studies the PDF files received from the client to convert it into intelligent BIM models using Revit.
- After that the team started to look into the coordination between the models, called Clash Detection & was successful in scrutinizing all the clashes.
- Finally, after multiple quality checks through matrix and checklist we delivered a federated 3D BIM LOD 300 model and shared it with the client.
- The provided BIM model helped the client to detect and resolve all the inter-disciplinary clashes at an early stage.
- Helped in saving costs by eliminating reworks.
- Increased safety in managing public-business infrastructure.
- Reduced overall time with the help of project scheduling estimates.
- Increased profitability by reducing waste and surplus material order with the help of a material take-off plans.
- Made the overall construction process seamless, coordinated and error-free.
Type of Work