Point Cloud to BIM Modeling for Underground Railway Tunnel
Leading Survey Company
Problem Statement :
The tunnel was geometrically complex with many levels and nodes under the ground with respect to all directions, Client had demanded higher level of detail modeling within short time frame.
Solution and Execution :
- The Team used a Revit software to provide BIM outputs, providing tunnel model populated with all associated equipment and services as well as conventional outputs of elevators and other excess of the tunnel.
- They created the specific Families for required equipment’s. Structure elements, architecture elements and MEP part model as per standard BIM modeling category wise in to the model.
- Finally the team was delivered model with in client required time frame with quality output.
- As-built BIM information for renovation, maintenance, and facility management purposes.
- It provided a framework for building owners to specify the content and scope of electronic as-built record deliverable.
- The single model environment made it easier to coordinate different disciplines.
- Existing model further used for renovation and design additions.
- The model of existing part helped in coordination of existing and proposed new MEP services and especially avoid the interdisciplinary clashes.
Type of Work