Make your BIM career grow
BIM /Technology Manager
This offer Is shown in its original language.
Safdie Architects are seeking an experienced and hands-on BIM / Technology Manager with excellent communication and organizational skills to join their design practice.
As a role designed to support the design teams, the BIM / Technology Manager will work directly with all of the firm’s Project Managers to ensure the stable operation of all Design and Management software and coordinate across all of the firm’s ongoing projects.
He/she will ensure that SA is up to date on BIM standards and technology, provide the necessary training and support to staff and ensure best practice use of our Project Information Management system (Newforma). He/she will be expected to interact and coordinate with their peers with our consultants’ offices and act as the liaison between our in-house IT Manager and outsourced IT vendor for issues as they come up with regards to software and hardware.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement;
- Coordination and management of BIM project data sets/workflows and project set up;
- Development and configuration of BIM and PIMS software (with IT Manager);
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team; Provide or organize training for new hires and continuous training for current staff;
- Assist project teams with modeling, detailing and multi-discipline coordination and collision checking;
- Conduct research on new and emerging BIM technologies and standards or technologies/standards that can be leveraged through existing CAD investments;
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating latest version releases and customization of the product;
Candidates must be highly motivated, have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment and possess a willingness to assume both project-wide and office-related responsibilities.
Number of vacancies
Architect, Technical Architect/Engineer Building.
2 - 5 years