Make your BIM career grow
BIM Lead Engineer
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project leadership and direction to the BIM team on designated projects.
- Performance mange BIM personnel on designated projects – delegating and managing the workloads as required.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to BIM project team.
- Ensure workflows are in place and the team understand said workflows.
- Work closely with the design teams as required, ensuring agreed workflows are in place to interaction with the design team for timely sign off of drawings. Escalate as required.
- Ensure Project deliverables and deadlines are met in accordance with agreed project schedules.
- Ensuring BIM deliverables are in place at project commencement and agreed with the project manager/ Sector manager.
- Provide weekly project reports in accordance with BIM standard reporting procedures – highlighting status, issues and plans with PAS, including constraint logs, hours consumed vs hours forecasted for the BIM team.
- Interface with the client as required.
- Attend project meeting as required, protecting Mercury’s and the BIM team’s interests as required.
- Provide innovation and efficiency guidelines and direction to the BIM project team.
- Drive the BIM team strategy, tactics and plans across the project team and wider BIM department and local BIM team.
- Role model Mercury Values to the wider BIM department.
- Travel to sites (both in Ireland and abroad) may be required.
- Networking and an ability to work well in teams is a requirement.
- Adherence to Mercury CAD and BIM manuals and processes.
- Responsible for production of 3D Construction models from base information – Base Design, PID’s, Scan & point cloud data.
- And more.
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- 5+ years’ experience as BIM Lead.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.
Number of vacancies
IT Skills - MS Office Skills
Will be valued
Communication skills - Ability to work on own initiative