Make your BIM career grow
BIM Project Manager
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What's the role?
The BIM Project Manager will provide critical support to the cost-effective, on-time delivery of our BIM Solutions relevant to customer projects. Both in the acquisition and in the execution phase of projects this role makes a strong contribution based on the knowledge of BIM software in commercial construction applications. Based on extensive modeling experience this role could analyze received BIM models on usability. The BIM Project Manager supports the local HILTI organizations in using the appropriate software programs for their BIM projects and where necessary will take the lead. This role combines modeling tasks with on the job training of colleagues so they will be able to model future projects on their own. This role will partner with BIM-to Field Team to test and implement new BIM developments in the company standards of HILTI.
What does the role involve?
As appropriate, work with the local Engineering Services Manager to develop and implement the following:
- Hilti’s single point of contact on BIM projects within assigned market organization
- Lead and coordinate cross-functionally between internal departments and conduct project coordination meetings to evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Define and manage overall project schedule; assign tasks/ deadlines to project team on daily/weekly basis
- Manage overall project costs, ensure proper project documentation and assess/mitigate risk throughout the process
BIM Services delivery:
In conjunction with the HNA BIM PMO Expert and BIM Firestop & Installation team take the lead in the management and delivery of BIM modeling service for customer and project inquiries received from the field team.
- Develop BIM solution framework agreements on behalf of the Market Organization for select BIM projects and customers
- Utilize industry standard software (Autodesk Revit etc.) carry out analysis / simulation on existing BIM models and create a model of the proposed works (define new templates and families as necessary)
- When appropriate, utilize the extensive library of Hilti CAD objects which can be incorporated into the drawing files and into the integrated model.
Collaboration on Engineering Services:
- Work in close partnership with the local ESS and support from our North American Project Management group to integrate Engineering solutions as applicable within the BIM model.
Self-learning and development:
- Work with the relevant internal team members to further develop own skills and be the leading modelling expert in the Market Organization.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the relevant industry Standards, Codes and Approvals relating to implementation and usage of BIM related software within the MO.
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, required
- 5 + years industry experience using standard BIM software within a design or contracting environment
- Installation experience in MEP system solution (Modeling & Field experience) required; technical degree preferred
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience as a project manager, required
- Qualification & certification in BIM modeling from relevant industry partner, drafting background would be a benefit
- Knowledge of / qualification in structural design (preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D modeling in Revit in terms of cost, schedule and details
- Extensive knowledge of coordination software Navisworks & Solibri
- Ability to perform analysis and simulation on the basis of a BIM model
- Able to create parametric typical and parametric families from scratch
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines design-changes and model challenges.
- Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Prepare discipline model and/or content for BIM Coordination Meetings.
- Ability to export IFC and other formats for collaboration internally and externally.
- Willingness to take self-responsibility and work well within a team
Combination of normal office conditions and construction job site conditions. Up to 50% domestic and international travel, required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year. May be exposed to erratic temperatures (hot in summer, cold in winter). Job sites may expose employee to excessively loud noises.
Safety Equipment Required:
Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for test lab facilities. Must observe and abide by all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and contractors.
Must be able to lift and carry as much as 65 pounds
Ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required
Extended periods of standing may be required
Apply on: https://careers.hilti.ca/en-ca/jobs/bim-project-manager-toronto?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Indeed / https://recruitingapp-2845.umantis.com/Vacancies/21236/Application/New/2
Number of vacancies
Technical Architect/Engineer Building.
BIM software, 3D modeling in Revit,