Value of implementing BIM
BIM as the tool that can Execute Projects Efficiently
- BIM is a shared information resource where all stakeholders make their discipline specific inputs. This information pool can be easily accessed by all the parties involved.
- BIM envelops the entire lifecycle of a structure unlike other building systems that are responsible only till the commissioning stage of a building. This system helps building owners/ operators make maintenance and facilities management more efficient.
- While CAD software allow users to work efficiently in three dimensions- length, width and depth; BIM enables you to add two more dimensions to make your working more versatile and effective. These two dimensions are cost and time. You can produce accurate cost estimates and time schedules even during design development stage.
- BIM helps you identify the clashing elements and resolve them very early to make your design viable and mostly error-free. This spares you more difficult times at later stages of a project.
You would now be eager to know about the kind
of BIM services being offered to make your task of producing timeless designs
and executing the projects quickly and efficiently easier. Following are some
of the new-age Building Information Modeling services for all types of
projects- new and renovation/ remodeling; large, medium and small:
- Building renovation model and documentation
- Concept to schematic design
- Schematic design to permit set
- Design development
- Construction documentation
- Clash detection, resolution and coordination
- BIM content creation
- BIM modelling for energy analysis
Summary: The post takes a look at some new-age BIM services that can help designers produce excellent buildings and execute projects efficiently.