Technical Area | Articles
The place to solve all your BIM doubts
BIM Uptake – Percolating Deep within Construction Project EcosystemBIM Implementation Planning & Budgeting Facility Management Collaborative Processes & Tender Infrastructures Project Construcción Offsite
BIM is widely misunderstood to be a software or tool. Firstly we need to shed this misconception and embrace BIM as a process – a process that refers to ‘digitization of the built environment’. Once we embrace this concept the adoption and implementation of BIM becomes easier.
BIM implementation can help procure a wide range of benefits including:
- Pre construction planning for lean and efficient construction
- Improved collaboration and coordination amongst teams and professionals
- Effective handling of ‘what if’ scenarios and risk mitigation
- Tendering and Bidding support via accurate quantity take offs and cost estimations
- Complete Building design and construction documentation for facility maintenance, operation, repair and renovation work
Secondly, For BIM to be used actively across the process of building design and construction, it is important that it percolates deep within the construction project ecosystem.
For this to happen, it is important that Building Information Modeling reaches down to every individual and every professional working for various disciplines and phases like building design, pre-construction planning, construction scheduling, energy efficiency and sustainability, quantity takeoffs and cost planning, facility management, pre-fabrication etc.