Real stories from real BIM people
3D BIM Modeling with LOD-300 for a Public Park
Company: Hitech BIM Services
Location: Ahmedabad, India
The client is a giant construction company headquartered in Chicago.
Autodesk Revit & Navisworks
PDF files, hand-drawn & conceptual sketches
The project lasted for about 6 weeks
Solutions and Execution:
- The client hired us to develop a coordinated 3D BIM Model with LOD 300 of a public park.
- Our project engineers studied the hand-drawn & conceptual sketches and PDF files provided by the client and integrated all disciplines like architectural, structural & MEP of the public park into one single model using Revit.
- After that the team started to look into the coordination between the models, called Clash Detection with the help of Navisworks & was successful in scrutinizing all the clashes.
- Finally, we delivered a 3D BIM LOD 300 model as per AIA standards and shared it with the client.
- The provided BIM model helped the client detecting and mitigating clashes at an early stage.
- Helped in saving costs by eliminating reworks.
- Increased safety in managing public-business infrastructure.
- Reduced overall time with the help of project scheduling estimates.
- Increased profitability by reducing waste and surplus material order with the help of a material take-off plans.
- Made the overall construction process seamless, coordinated and error-free.
Type of Work
How was the BIM Experience in the project?
Reality Simulation: Does it help to get an idea of the final product?
Waste reduction, labor costs and deviations
Greater control of the construction process
Improves collaboration between agents
Conflict resolution and clash detection
Correction and error handling