Tejjy Inc. Accomplished BIM As-Built Model from Point Cloud for DC Project
Company: Tejjy Inc.
Location: Washington, D.C., United States
Year of the project: 2021
BIM Engineers of Tejjy Inc. executed the as-built model from point cloud for the '1155 23rd Street Northwest’ project based in Washington DC. The as-built drawings and models represented the building as it was constructed. As-built documentation was developed by the Tejjy Inc. team of BIM modelers in a comprehensive manner.
Project Location: 1155 23rd Street Northwest Washington DC
Purpose of Construction:
- Image & Video Creation
- As-Built Drawing Preparation
- 3D Laser Scanning for As-built
Project Work Execution:
- Accurate As-Built Model Creation from Point Cloud Data – Tejjy Inc. BIM consultants have delivered accurate as-built models from point cloud data in an easy to understand workflow so that it becomes easier for the client to comprehend the entire scenario.
- Video Walkthrough of the Project – Video walkthrough of the project provided by Tejjy Inc. helped the client to tour the property independently, getting a sense of autonomy and personal involvement.
Process of Work:
- Using high accurate long-range laser 3d scanners, the BIM engineers captured building and other objects, ensuring every detail of the project.
- 3d laser scanners measured fine details and captured free-form shapes for generating highly accurate point clouds.
- Through laser lights and advanced scanners, Tejjy created the map of accurate shapes and sizes of physical objects.
- As-built model created from point cloud saved time and money for the project, notifying the management team about the development progress.
- The clients benefited from as-built drawings for having a detailed record of improvements during the construction process, making it easy to visualize the next steps.
- This spotted complications brought about by the changes in the building and resolved them before becoming a problem in the long run.
Check out more on point
cloud to BIM project.
Type of Work
How was the BIM Experience in the project?
Reality Simulation: Does it help to get an idea of the final product?
Waste reduction, labor costs and deviations
Greater control of the construction process
Improves collaboration between agents
Conflict resolution and clash detection
Correction and error handling