Real stories from real BIM people
Tejjy Inc. Delivered Educational Building Project for Nashville Public School with BIM
Name of the Construction Project: Metro Nashville Public Schools
Project Location in USA: Hillwood High School, 8001 HWY 70 S, Nashville TN 37221
Project Area: 3, 00,000 sq. ft.
Brief about the Project: Metro Nashville Public Schools is a replacement facility for Hillwood High School, designed for a 274-acre site in Bellevue at the former Hope Park Church location. The project consists of different types of buildings including admin building, business hospitality, health science, special education, admin, egress, restroom, library, gym, cafeteria, theatre, music, mechanical, etc.
Purpose of Construction: The purpose is the replacement of Hillwood High School. The new school facility is expected to serve a 1,600 student body in five Career Academies. The building includes modern learning environments which are flexible and rich in technology.
BIM Scope of Work for the Project: Tejjy Inc. provided (LOD 400) MEPF 3D modeling services in Revit software platform for plumbing and HVAC services by following standard specifications and code compliance and streamlined workflow with clash detection & clash resolution amongst pipe equipment, structural as well as electrical work.
· MEP Design
· MEP Modeling
· MEP Coordination
How does BIM Improve Productivity for the Project?
· Fostering communication and co-ordination
· Identifying errors at pre-construction
· Reducing cost & rework
· Improving construction project quality
· Producing better outcomes
Significant Benefits of BIM in the Design and Construction Process of this Project:
· Cost and resource savings
· Greater efficiency & shorter project lifecycles
· Improved communications & coordination
· Opportunities for prefabrication & modularization
· Higher quality results
Project Stakeholders Involved in the Project:
· EMC Structural Engineers, P.C.
· I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. (ICT) – Consulting Engineers
· Civil Site Design Group – Engineers, Planners, Landscape Architects
Project Value Addition:
· BIM facilitated the client in MEP modeling, analyzing designs and comparing at an early design development stage.
· BIM also enabled accurate clash detection & clash coordination at the pre-construction stage of the project.
· The technique enhanced construction productivity, saving time & cost of the project.
· The BIM model facilitated construction professionals in visualizing what is to be built in a simulated environment, identifying potential design, construction and operational issues.
· Implementing BIM Tejjy integrated the role of all stakeholders on a project, improving project quality and easier project lifecycle management. Read more from the post on Tejjy Inc BIM Automation Company in USA.
About the Company:
Tejjy Inc. is an architectural, engineering, permit expediting, construction management & BIM service provider in USA serving several areas in MD, DC, VA, Baltimore, etc. Key services of Tejjy Inc. design build firm in USA include 3D BIM modeling, 3D laser scanning, MEP BIM Services, BIM engineering, BIM consulting, architectural services, facility management, virtual design and construction, etc. To place an order for a BIM model, get in touch with the BIM consultants at 202-465-4830 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.tejjy.com Take a look at the DC Courthouse BIM Clash Coordination Case Study.
Type of Work
- 278.71 m2