Make your BIM career grow
Information Manager Railway Systems, routewide-utilities
This offer Is shown in its original language.
As an Information Manager, you will support HS2’s BIM information management, data analysis and data related delivery activities.
About the role:
- Single point of contact for all technical information management activities for the routewide contracts (predominantly Railway Systems, Land and Property, Utilities, Ground Investigation) ensuring HS2 BIM processes, standards and procedures are adhered to by the Supply Chain.
- Assisting the Phase 1 Construction Directorate project managers and engineers in the planning and delivery of HS2 information deliverables and BIM objectives
- Assist with the specification and execution planning of Supply Chain information deliverables / data required by HS2 including but not limited to CAD, GIS and Asset information.
- Manage the delivery and exchange of information deliverables / data to and from the Supply Chain including the ensuring supply chain MIDP and MPDT are developed and delivered against.
- Identify areas for improvement and feedback into the standards development and operational delivery processes including promoting digital transformation in all areas where efficiency can be gained
- Manage and carry out the BIM audit function for the assigned contracts, supporting audits where necessary.
- Responsible for raising awareness, education and training of project staff within the routewide area and as necessary, within Supply Chain.
- Review of detailed technical documentation ensuring that it both meets HS2 strategic objectives and a wide range of technical requirements
- Advise HS2 colleagues on available data products and HS2 tools, best practice and how limitations may impact upon their use;
- Working with other area based Information Managers and Data Coordinators (CAD and GIS) provide solutions to HS2 challenges, streamline processes and support assurance;
- Use of BIM/Information Management/digital data management tools, such as but not limited to ProjectWise, for the management and assurance of information (be that GIS, CAD, BIM or Asset);
- UK BIM Level 2 standards, including BS and PAS1192 series
- Experience of BIM within an engineering or multi-disciplinary project
- Experience of managing technical information in a complex environment
- Experience of contributing to change management process, including advising on financial and time impact of change related to BIM, information management or digital data standards and processes.
- Apply project management and governance principles to delivery, especially in managing dependencies between deliverables often from different Suppliers;
Number of vacancies
Road, Channel and Port Engineer.
At least 1 year