Make your BIM career grow
This offer Is shown in its original language.
Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
The M6 Smart Motorway scheme length between J21a and J26 is approximately 10 miles, or 16.4km. The All Lane Running (ALR) scheme runs from the north facing slip roads at Junction 21a to the south facing slip roads at Junction 26. The works are to improve traffic flows by converting the hard shoulder to a permanent traffic lane, together with the introduction of enhanced on-road technology known as Smart Motorways.
Reporting to the SMP BIM Lead, the successful BIM Manager will develop and be responsible for the BIM & Digital Strategy for the M6 Smart Motorway Project J21 to J26 and oversee its successful implementation. The candidate will be working on the projects at all stages of development from Preliminary Design through live Construction & Handover. The candidate will support ongoing activities with the highways sector the and will be responsible for a small team of BIM engineers to deliver BIM Level 2 to Highway Englands EIR using our digital tool set.
The BIM Manager will liaise with the wider project team and suppliers to delivery outstanding value on behalf of our clients
What will I be doing?
- Represent the Business culture and ethos on Digital / BIM and ensure that best practice is shared
- Develop and implement a BEP in line with SMP EIR
- Responsible for liaising with other disciplines within the Project to embed Digital / BIM processes
- Liaise with Consultants and Suppliers to ascertain their BIM capability
- Provide a technical link between the Design Consultants, Project teams, Suppliers
- Identify and ensure that the appropriate hardware and software is allocated and that its operation is embedded within the organisations culture
- Part of the Management team for the Project
- Ensure that best practice is cascaded within the Infrastructure business
- Advise others on the use of the systems
- Responsible for developing, implementing and recording BIM training to embed BIM processes and delegating to others in the BIM team towards achieving Level 2 aspirations
- Manage BIM Project launch meetings and set up team processes
- Monitor and regularly report against progress, status and quality of model development
- Develop BIM Strategy to drive efficiencies from the construction team and for the client
- Experience and knowledgeable in BIM, preferably integration of it into a business or project
- Have a detailed understanding of Autodesk and / or Bentley Systems products
- Minimum qualifications HND in a suitable field
- Experienced in managerial and coaching skills
- Preferably have Project or Design coordination experience
- APM or Prince2 experience welcome
- Any self-taught programme such as Python is welcome
The candidate will be user in at least one of the digital design platforms; AutoCAD & Civil3D or Microstation plus MX, Revit & Dynamo, Rhino & Grasshopper. Experience of GIS (either ArcGIS or QGIS) or working with Navisworks, Synchro or similar will be advantageous.
Number of vacancies
Architect, Technical Architect/Engineer Building.
At least 1 year