Make your BIM career grow
Structural BIM Technologist
GM BluePlan Engineering is a dynamic consulting firm providing experience and expertise in the areas of Infrastructure Master Plans, Asset Management, Environmental Assessments, Hydraulic and Hydrologic Modelling, with proven Municipal, Environmental, Structural, Land Development and Construction Services that allow GM BluePlan to support our clients throughout the project life cycle.
Come join our amazing team of talented, energetic and creative people that together contribute to the continued growth and success of the Company!
- Development and preparation of engineering design and drawings using Revit, AutoCAD Civil 3D, as well as writing technical reports and ensuring the design drawings conform to specifications;
- Support Construction Administration personnel including field reviews and coordination;
- Provide QA/QC for in-progress and completed designs; and,
- Collaborating with and contributing to multi-office design teams to ensure successful project delivery and efficiency, while meeting the needs of clients and design quality standards;
Structural/Transportation Infrastructure (Bridges, Culverts) - Municipal Road Reconstruction - Water and Wastewater Systems.
Role Experience Required:
- Education in Architecture/Construction/Civil engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of design experience;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of structural drafting with Revit and AutoCAD;
- Good working knowledge of design standards;
- Ability to review architectural, structural and other 3rd party shop drawings to identify design conflicts and/or concerns requiring clarification; and,
- Possess strong oral, written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Infraworks, GIS and Microstation;
- Experience with consulting services working in a multi-disciplinary design environment.
- A dynamic work environment which encourages teamwork, initiative and creativity;
- Career development and education opportunities;
- A competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including a benefit package and RRSP program; and,
- Extra-curricular social activities.
Number of vacancies
Technical Architect/Engineer Building.
Revit and AutoCAD, design standards
Will be valued
Knowledge of Infraworks, GIS and Microstation