Make your BIM career grow
Costain is UK company that helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets.
Costain's Highways Sector are looking to take on board an BIM Manager for the A40 Westway Concept Design contract recently awarded by Transport for London.
The BIM Manager will liaise with the project team and suppliers to delivery outstanding value on behalf of our clients. The role will involve the co-ordination of the deliverables required by TfL for the concept design phase of this project. The deliverables which are primarily numerous reports produced by a combination of the project management team, internal and external design consultants and supply chain partners.
About the offer:
What will I be doing?
The IM will also be expected to lead the production of several deliverables as noted below.
- Represent the Business culture and ethos on Digital / BIM and ensure that best practice is shared
- Develop and implement a BEP and MIDP with designers.
- Support and lead document control in line with new ISO standards
- Responsible for liaising with other disciplines within the Project to embed Digital / BIM processes
- Liaise with Consultants and Suppliers to ascertain their BIM capability
- Provide a technical link between the Design Consultants, Project teams, Suppliers
- Identify and ensure that the appropriate hardware and software is allocated and that its operation is embedded within the organisations culture
- Provide focal point for Production Information and Handover Information management issues on the project.
- Part of the Management team for the Project
- Ensure that best practice is cascaded within the Infrastructure business
- Ensure information is managed through the CDE including metadata requirements
- Advise others on the use of the systems and appropriate access to data environments for the project.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and recording BIM training to embed BIM processes and delegating to others in the BIM team towards achieving Level 2 aspirations
- Manage BIM Project launch meetings and set up team processes.
- Experience and knowledgeable in BIM, preferably integration of it into a business or projects.
- Understanding of the digital tool sets required to carry out the work required (Autodesk/Bentley/Trimble etc)
- Minimum qualifications HND in a suitable field
- Experienced in managerial and coaching skills
- Preferably have Project or Design coordination experience
- APM or Prince2 experience welcome
- Any self-taught programme such as Python is welcome
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.
Number of vacancies
Will be valued
APM or Prince2, Any self-taught programme such as Python