Make your BIM career grow
BIM Manager Rail Stations
WSP is a company that offers creative, integral and sustainable engineering services. They plan, manage and propose solutions to complex problems. They define themselves as:
We value our people and our reputation.We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity. We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. We promote our young recruits because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
About the Role:
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
We are currently supporting a wide range of clients including Network Rail, Crossrail, High Speed 2 and others delivering a wide range of world class stations projects. To support our projects and drive further digital transformation we are seeking a BIM Manager to join our Rail Stations Team in Birmingham or Manchester.
A typical week would include:
- Ensuring that our digital content is produced, stored, shared and exploited using the latest technologies and practices.
- Undertaking and supporting the BIM process for all aspects of a new Rail Station project, covering all design disciplines.
- Working with Technical Forum, Technical Leads and Project Managers to develop coherent design process that maximises data exchange across multiple software platforms, through a Common Data Environment (CDE).
- Producing BIM Execution Plans (BEP) and Standards, Methods and Procedures for the BIM and CAD environment.
- Supporting our multi-disciplinary project teams through all design stages with the preparation of contract drawings and documents produced independently or by other team members.
- Interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams and driving BIM benefits across projects.
- Championing BIM on the project and promote, articulate and lead BIM behaviours.
- Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and leave a legacy of talent in BIM.
- Providing support to the engineering discipline teams in the production of their 3D modelling outputs as required, mentoring and upskilling technical staff.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- HNC/HND (minimum) in Civil Engineering with, ideally, domain specific post-graduate qualifications.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of complex multi-disciplinary railway enhancement and upgrade projects at all stages of the project delivery lifecycle.
- You’ll be someone who is already familiar with digital engineering and the wide range of tools and technologies being used in the industry, but you’ll also have your own vision on how we might all work more effectively.
- You might also have interests in GIS, data management, software coding and the like; but your passion for the subject as a whole is something that we’ll want you to share across our teams and clients using your strong communication and collaboration skills
- You’ll seek to challenge conventions both internally and with our clients with the aim of delivering our projects much more effectively.
- Candidates will need to be fully familiar with multiple aspects of design, to include Structures, MEP, Architectural finishes, Urban Realm, Highways, Environmental mitigation measures etc.
- Candidates will need to be fully conversant with multiple software platforms, including Bentley MicroStation, OpenBuildings and ProjectWise. Revit experience would also be beneficial.
- Management of off-shore CAD and BIM resources would be a valuable strength.
- Good understanding of current and emerging software platforms, and industry peer group operations.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft software applications, including writing macros to undertake complex or repetitive calculations and experience of VBA would be advantageous.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Web of the company: https://www.wsp.com/
Number of vacancies
Road, Channel and Port Engineer.
Software platforms, including Bentley MicroStation, OpenBuildings and ProjectWise. Interests in GIS, data management, software coding.
Will be valued
Revit experience. Off-shore CAD and BIM resources.