BIM - SWOT Analysis
This SWOT Analysis will also help the firms (not yet on BIM platform) to delve into BIM and arrive to a decision to transition to BIM
SWOT is an acronym for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, and the most eminent approach for defining strategy and evaluations.
BIM being widely used in AEC industry, I thought of conducting SWOT analysis of Strengths and Weakness of implementing BIM along with the its Opportunities and Threats.
This SWOT Analysis will also help the firms (not yet on BIM platform) to delve into BIM and arrive to a decision to transition to BIM.
You may explore more about Overcoming the Barriers to BIM Adoption in AEC industry!
BIM-SWOT Analysis, here it goes…….
- Intelligent Modelling process.
- Time saving.
- Reduced wastage.
- Cost controls.
- Predicted timeline.
- Reduction in errors.
- Risk mitigation.
- Real-time data.
- Energy optimization.
2. BIM Weaknesses:
- Learning BIM tools may take time initially.
- No universal software platform.
- Initial investments.
- For effective results, BIM needs to utilized end to end for projects.
- Needs to focus on information as well as geometry (design).
3. BIM Opportunities:
- Get updated with latest technology and trends.
- Connect internationally and expand your business connections.
- Be a leader and earn goodwill in this competitive era.
- Data standardization.
4. BIM Threats:
- Unwillingness of the contractors/clients/users to use BIM.
- Implementation without considering the actual application and proper training and interpretation.
- Information overloaded in models or no information (lack of input) fed into the model.
- Not implementing BIM in projects.
This article intends to understand what stops BIM from being implemented (Weaknesses and Threats) and to highlight the advantages of BIM (Strengths & Opportunities) aiding to your vision of BIM.
You may feel free to add on more of the SWOT of BIM which you reckon in the comments.
-BIM will make it easy!!