What is 4D BIM Modeling in Construction Management?
4D BIM - Building Information Modeling is the process where 3D digital models are linked with time or schedule related information. This integration brings in precise and useful construction project information for teams. 4D BIM modeling visualization gives out the start and finish date, eliminating the challenges of conventional scheduling of construction sequences of misunderstanding.
Benefits of 4D BIM modeling:
- Improved design documents by testing design against the construction sequence
- Analyzing the impact of design changes on the project time line
- Better site planning and coordination
- Conflict prevention and resolution
- Lean Scheduling
- Improved lead time identification for more effective just in time deliveries
- Safer data and construction sites
- Monitoring actual vs planned progress, which helps teams to identify potential issues more quickly, reducing claims
4D BIM modeling service providers, generate construction scheduling process based on 3D BIM models and help contractors, engineers, and architects to gain control over the construction project activities.
4D BIM experts provide:
- Conversion of hand drawn sketches and pdf files to BIM models using Revit
- Converting 3D BIM models to 4D for efficient construction process
- Real time 4D construction simulations along with logistic
- Managing construction scheduling and sequencing of workflows of 3D models
- Generating 4D construction videos with help of Autodesk Revit and Navisworks to assess the impact of proposed designs