Technical Area | Articles
The place to solve all your BIM doubts
Modern Technology Impact on Construction Industry
Construction Industry Impact of modern technology on top construction sectorsLean & Industrialized construction Strategies
- USA construction management Inc is a proponent of innovative construction technology ever since the beginning days of dot com boom.
- Construction companies in Maryland USA are characterized by fondness for modern construction technology.
- It is clear beyond any doubt of dispute that new construction technology has always driven construction industry forward.
- The implementation of modern day construction technology paves the way towards building stronger, taller and energy efficient structures.
- Construction management companies in USA are fast to adopt new construction technologies.
- It has been reported that modern technology has made construction sites safer and workers more efficient.
- DC construction management uses modern construction technology to increase productivity, improve collaboration, and tackle complex projects.
Modern construction technology can be defined as the collection of innovative tools, machinery, modifications and software used during the construction phase of a project. It features advancement in field construction methods including semi automated construction equipment and automated construction equipment. Online bid boards, bid management apps, and digital takeoff solutions are illustrious examples of modern day construction technology. It is quite interesting to note that new technologies in construction are being developed at a blitzkrieg pace. Construction sector of today is impacted by connected equipment, connected tools, telematics, mobile apps, autonomous heavy equipment, drones, augmented reality, virtual reality, and 3D printed buildings.
Streamlining Construction Process using Modern Technology
- Cloud based construction software solutions guarantee better communication along with collaboration.
- Mobile technology showcases real time data collection and transmission between the jobsite and project managers in the back office.
- Onsite employees can submit timecards, expense reports, requests for information, work records and verified documentation using cloud based construction software solutions.
- Cloud based construction software packages can save hundreds of hours per year in data entry and it automatically organizes critical files.
- More and more software providers are pursuing all possible avenues to seamlessly integrate data with other software solutions.
Promoters of Innovative Construction Technology
Construction companies in DC are known for fostering spirit of innovative construction technology. Offsite construction is used in projects with repetitive floor plans or layout in their design including apartment buildings, hotels, dormitories, and schools. The offsite construction comes in two forms: modular and prefabricated and entire rooms can be built complete with MEP, and finishes with modular construction. In prefabricated construction, building components are built offsite and assembled once they have been transported to the construction site. Prefabricated building components cover everything including framing, internal wall panels, door assemblies, window assemblies, floor systems, and multi trade racks.
- Construction project management companies of today use data to make better decisions, increase productivity, improve jobsite safety, and reduce risks.
- Construction companies in Washington DC turn the data they have collected over the years to predict future outcomes on projects using artificial intelligence and machine learning systems.
- It has been pointed out that Artificial Intelligence can improve worker productivity by reducing the amount of time wasted to retrieve tools, materials and equipment to perform certain tasks.
- Construction workers of today can be tracked throughout the day using smartphones or wearables.
- Sensors installed on materials track how everything is moving in the construction site and Artificial Intelligence can analyze how workers interact with the site once enough data sets are collected.
Artificial Intelligence and robots can be used to monitor jobsite progress with real time and actionable data in order to improve jobsite productivity. Autonomous drones and rovers power packed with high definition cameras and LIDAR can be utilized to photograph and scan the construction site each day with great accuracy. Artificial Intelligence uses those scans to compare against BIM models, 3D drawings, construction schedules and estimates to inspect the quality of the work performed. Deep learning algorithms can be used to identify and report errors in work performed.