Make your BIM career grow
Digital Engineering Technical Authority - Rail
This offer Is shown in its original language.
The Digital Engineering Technical Authority will be part DE leadership team within transportation and will help shape the automation strategy for rail and lead the implementation of new tools and processes that increase the productivity of the design teams.
- Setting the digital delivery processes for rail
- Raising awareness of the project specific Digital Engineering (BIM) requirements as informed by client and stakeholders.
- Leading the design teams in the use of BIM design tools such as AECOsim
- Establishing the processes/methodologies and tools to allow the project team to check and review work in models.
- Establishing and working with a network of Lead Designers, Interface Managers and task information managers to ensure adherence to the BIM requirements of the projects in accordance with the BEP.
- Raising the awareness of the project specific Digital Engineering (BIM) requirements across the project teams and key stakeholders
- Shaping the delivery of Digital Engineering by supporting the application of Digital Engineering tasks and processes throughout delivery of projects.
- Supporting the development of project teams to deliver Digital Engineering in line with their discipline specific responsibilities.
- Championing the implementation of mobile technology on site.
- Maintaining collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver DE/BIM deliverables.
- Developing best practice and the Digital Engineering service offering within the 4D/5D space through proactive communication with other members of the Digital Engineering team.
- Developing 3D model information and associated outputs, e.g. visual, logistical, 4D, temporary works, and quantification, to assist the project team to effectively communicate and deliver to critical agreed deadlines.
- Creating and delivering training on digital delivery in rail design and delivery
- Capturing and sharing best practice relating to project implementation and support on projects.
- Demonstrating an awareness of the Digital Engineering capability of project stakeholders.
- Undertaking Automation challenges with the project team in order to identify and deliver processes and tools that increase productivity via automation
The defined general roles of a Technical Authority at Atkins also covers the following
- Raising the bar for excellence and inspiring others;
- Providing authoritative expertise, including keeping up to date with national and international developments in their subject;
- Keeping staff appraised of changes to relevant industry and client standards and communicating the implications of changes;
- Communicating the latest state-of-the-art across the organisation;
- Fulfil the role of Project Technical Reviewer on selected (high risk) projects;
- Advising the relevant Professional Head on capability development in their area and providing assistance with the associated actions;
- Implementing the requirements of the relevant Professional Head (e.g. relating to innovation and knowledge management, such as actioning lessons learnt captured on projects);
- Meeting clients’ technical experts and forming relationships with peers outside the organisation;
- Sponsoring communications on technical matters internally and externally
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Significant experience on project delivery utilising AECOsim/Microstation 3D
- Evidence of ongoing CPD in recognised industry applications (i.e. Bentley, Autodesk)
- Engineering or technically based training and a professional qualification (HNC, BSc, BEng) Working
- Some knowledge of civil engineering projects and a general technical ability
- A good knowledge of the BIM Level 2 suit of documents and experience in implementing them on projects
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timescales
- Logical approach and focussed attention to detail
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Organised; with an ability to manage their time efficiently and prioritise duties
- A 'can do I will do' approach
- A willingness to get Involved and do what's necessary to Improve the overall operation of the Digital Engineering systems
- Programming or app development experience
- Practical experience delivering 4D/5D models
- Experience with VR/AR applications
Number of vacancies
Technical Architect/Engineer Building.
2 - 5 years