Sensatori & Nickelodeon Hotels and Resorts - Punta Cana
Sensatori & Nickelodeon Hotels and Resorts is the beachfront resort, placed in Uvero Alto on the east coast of Dominican Republic. The hotel features 460 suites designed to cater to a variety of travel experiences with an adults-only section, decadent Honeymoon Suites with Jacuzzis and spacious Family Suites as well as 8 private Garden Villas. The heart of the resort features The Gourmet Village, showcasing a variety of boutiques, coffee shop, Theatre, Open Air Cinema, Wedding Plaza, Gourmet Inclusive ® bars, lounges and restaurants framed by open-air terraces and reflection pools.
BIM was successfully implemented from the early design stages until project execution. All planned works were completed as per schedule, grand Hotel opening was held in June 2016
The following activities within integrated BIM project management were provided:
• Full 3D BIM model was developed using Autodesk Revit. The model was based on architectural, structural and MEP designs.
• Comprehensive design review analyses were performed in order to minimize the risk of changes in the project that may result in additional expenses for the owner.
• Proposed structural design options were analyzed and validated in BIM. After reviews and analyses, approved design option was almost 47% lighter in terms of concrete quantities
• 3D model was kept up-to-date and regular constructability analyses were performed in order to detect and resolve conflicts among structural, architectural and MEP elements. Clash detection was performed in BEXEL Manager. Over 1,200 major clashes were detected and over 18,000 minor, all resolved before construction. Clash detection reports were exchanged with stakeholders using BCF format.
• QTO was generated in BEXEL Manager with visual reports as part of tendering documentation in order to make it easier to subcontractors
• Using Cost Manager data and resources productivity rates all relevant cost information was assigned to the corresponding model elements.
• The optimal construction schedule was achieved using intelligent BIM driven methodology in BEXEL Manager. Developed baseline schedule is intelligently linked with BIM model elements generating 5D simulation with embedded pricing and cost information.
• Construction progress data was collected, analyzed and processed in order to generate day by day progress and cost tracking audits, executive reports and predictions.
• 4D & 5D simulations were frequently discussed and reviewed with the client and main contractor in order to improve contractor's and other stakeholders’ insights into the construction process
• At the end of the project, a complete asset list, component registers, links to procedures, operation manuals etc. were linked to the BIM model in BEXEL Manager and delivered to the client in IFC format with respective COBie sheets.
Type of Work
- 55000 m2